Mike Koleber, Head Coach
Head Coach Mike Koleber swam competitively in Michigan from age group through his college years at Oakland University where he was team Captain, 11 time NCAA All-American, and Senior National qualifier. Mike started teaching swim lessons at the age of 13, helping out his Dad on Saturday mornings, which allowed Mike the opportunity to learn from the best, his Dad.
Mike has a true love of coaching and teaching, and does a tremendous job making new kids feel welcomed on the Nitro pool deck. His drive to lead Nitro to ultimately become the #1 program in the country is infectious, and the staff works together as one unit with one goal: Make each swimmer a little better EVERY day.
One of Mike’s favorite lines is his response to this question from a parent who would see Mike every day after dropping off his daughter for practice…
Parent: “What’s it like having the best job in the world?”
Mike: “It’s not a job.”
That is how Mike feels about being given the opportunity to positively impact as many kids as possible each and every day, and he does what he can to help make them better PEOPLE in the process.
Mike is married to Tracy Koleber, who handles the background work behind the scenes. This would include payroll, all bill paying, taxes, capital improvements, insurance regulations, and about a million other tasks in addition to being Mom of their two kids Kalan and Kembree. They are members of Gateway Community Church and contribute in a variety of ways to local charities.
Bee Cave Coaches
Gold/Gold II/TAGS 2 Lead Coach
- University of Indianapolis- BS Elementary Education
- Nitro Swimming, September 2014-Present
- Piedmont Swim Team, Head Coach, 2008-2014
- Huntsville Swim Association, Age Group Coach 2011-2014
- Huntsville High School, Head Coach, 2012-2014
- Southeastern and South Texas Zones Coach
- 2014 ASCA Top 10 Age Group Coach of the Year
- 2013, 2014 RCSL City Meet Champions (Piedmont)
- 2012, 2013 6A Alabama High School State Champions
- 2012 Short/Long Course 11-12 Girls Southeastern High Point
- Coached 9-10 & 11-12 Nationally Ranked Relays and Indiviudals
- Placed swimmers on the Southern Zone Select Camp
- ASCA Level 1, 2, & 3 Certified
- American Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training
- ASCA 8&U Coaching Certified
Community Service/ Personal:
- Special Olympics Texas- Volunteer 2014
- Austin City Limits Festival- Volunteer 2014/2015
- Avid pie eater.
Intro to Nitro Lead Coach
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition: Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Certificate of Business Foundations Program
- Nitro Swimming: Sept. 2015–Present
- Granbury SEALS Swim Team: 2010–2015
- Coached more than 80 swimmers to the TAAF State Swim Meet in 2015, and preceding years.
- Hosted Olympic Swimmer(s), as guest speaker at Hood County YMCA swim clinic in 2011.
- Founded private swim lesson program in 2010, and hosted five swim clinics.
- ASCA Level 1 Certified
- American Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training
- ASCA Stroke Technician Certified
- Food enthusiast! #eathealthylivewell
- Former Program Director for local NPO
- Co-founded UT service organization, ImpactATX
- Hiked several of Colorado’s fourteeners and the Cinque Terre in Italy
TAGS 1 Lead Coach
- Inter American University of Puerto Rico – B.A. Sport Science
- Nitro Swimming – Advance Silver Lead Coach (2014 – Present)
- San Juan Swimming Team – Assistant Coach and Athletic Trainer (2013 -2014)
- University of Puerto Rico Swimming Team – Assistant Coach and Athletic Trainer (2012 – 2014)
- Iron Island Triathlon Team & the Triathlon Spot Team – Head Coach and Athletic Trainer (2008 – 2014)
- Sport Center of San Juan – Swimming camp instructor (2003 – 2013)
- University of Puerto Rico Swimming Team – Interleague Champions (2013, 2014)
- Puerto Rico’s National Swimming Team member (1997 – 2002)
- Certified Personal Trainer by the International Fitness Association (IFA)
- Certified Personal Trainer and Swimming Coach by the Sports and Recreational Department of P.R
- American College of Sport Medicine (ACSM) member
- Certified CPR &First Aid Lifeguard by the American Red Cross
- TRX Certified
- San Juan Half Iron Man – Captain Lifeguard(2011-2013)
- Half Iron Man finisher
- Outdoors(run, bike, surfing, yoga)
- University of Texas- BS Mechanical Engineering (1999)
- HS – St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Austin, TX (1993)
- Nitro Swimming 2014 – present
- Westlake High School (Head Coach) 2003 – 2013
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School (Head High School Coach) 2000 – 2002
- St. Stephen’s Swimming Academy 2000 – 2002
- Coached multiple Texas High School State Individual and Relay Champions
- Coached three Texas High School State Championship teams
- Competed in 2000 USA Swimming Olympic Trials (200 Fly) three months after having brain surgery
- Math teacher at Westlake High School
- Recreational golfer (13 hcp)
- Fundraised for Livestrong and The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Completed two “Century” (100 mile) bike rides
- Hasn’t been on a bike since the birth of his one year old son, Nathan
Bronze/Senior Lead Coach
- Eastern Michigan University – BS Interdiciplinary Technologies
- HS-Loveland Hurst High School, OH
- Nitro Swimming 2012-present
- Kingfish Aquatics 2011-2012
- Troy High School – Head Coach 2010-2012
- Poseidon Swim Club – Head Coach 2000-2009
- Oakland University – Men’s Assistant Coach 1990-1996
- Mercy High School – Head Girls Coach 1987-1989
- Catholic Central High School – Head Boys Coach 1987-1990
- Oakland Live Y’ers – Assistant Coach till 1993
- Coached Men’s NCAA II Champions 1994, 95, 96 – Oakland University
- Coached Multiple NCAA II All-American Swimmers
- Coached YMCA National Champions 1990 – Oakland Live Y’ers
- Coached USA Michigan State Swimming Champions 89, 90, 91, 93 – Oakland Live Y’ers
- Coached Girls Catholic High School League Champions 87, 88 – Mercy High School
- Coached Boys Catholic High School League Champions 88, 90 – Catholic Central High School
- Coached 11 High School All-American Swimming
- Coached 19 High School All-State Swimmers
- Coached 1988 Oakland County Champions
- Oakland County Coach of the Year 1988
- 4 Time Catholic League Coach of the Year
- Former Michigan Swimming Board Member at Large
- American Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training
- Motor City Mile Mile – Swim for the Cure, volunteer 9 years
- American Red Cross – Swim-A-Cross Plus, volunteer
- Wife Marni and son Connor
- Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers fan
- Photography and Design professional
Advanced Silver Lead Coach
- Bachelors in Organizational Management
- Masters in Athletic Administration – Swimming Emphasis
- Paige McCord was named the Carson-Newman University’s Head Coach in October 2012 and helping build the Eagles’ into a nationally-recognized program that has earned two-consecutive berths in the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships. McCord guided the program for four seasons from its inception through its third year of competition.
- Served as the NCAA Student Athletic Advisory Committee Staff Chair, which helps athlete-leaders have a voice within the NCAA.
- Head coach of USA Swimming Fort Hood Dolphins in Killeen, TX from 2009-2012; Masters and Age Group coach for USA Swimming Columbus Hurricanes in Columbus, GA.
- During Paige’s time at Carson-Newman, the Tennessee native coached nine NCAA Swimming and Diving All-Americans, 16 Honorable Mention All-American plaudits, two Bluegrass Mountain Conference champions and accumulated 59 All-BMC accolades and numerous academic awards, including the first NCAA Elite 90 Award in Carson-Newman history, an honor competed for by athletes who have qualified for NCAAs and has a 4.0 average.
- The CN women’s program team finished top 10 in the nation at the NCAA Division II Swimming and Diving Championships. At the BMC Championships, the two programs combined to take home 23 All-BMC awards. During the regular season, the women’s program extended its meet winning streak to 10 and finished the year 5-0.
- Through the duration of the 3 seasons, school records in all 33 events continued to reset to quite respectable times. Three different swimmers placed 3rd individually at NCAA Championships. Additionally, the women’s team had the 2nd highest GPA in Division II in the 2015-2016 season.
- Paige and her husband, Daniel (retired Army Captain, who is also a swim coach!), seek to Glorify God with their lives and are passionate about helping all people become Champions in and out of the water.
MS/HS Training Lead Coach
- Barton Creek Elementary (1998-2002)
- West Ridge Middle School (2002-2005)
- Westlake High School (2005-2009)
- Currently studying Kinesiology and Business Foundations at the University of Texas at Austin
- Nitro Swim Team – Lead Technique & Fitness and Middle & High School Training coach (2015-present)
- Barton Creek West Barracudas Swim Team – Assistant Coach/Head Coach (2013-present)
- Nitro Swim School (2012-2015)
- West Austin Athletic Club (WAAC) – Swim coach/Swim instructor/Camp Counselor/Lifeguard (2005-2009)
- Seahawks, Longhorns, New England Revolution (MLS), and Arsenal (EPL) fan
- Born and raised in Austin
- Austin City Limits Festival attender every year
- Hobbies include any sport, kayak fishing, and pretty much anything outdoors
TF Lead Coach
- High School: Homeschooled (reported to North Allegheny)
- Children's Ministry degree and Hebrew minor from Olivet Nazarene University
- Assistant coach for Nitro Swimming September 2016 – present.
- Started private swim lesson business in 2009, business went national in 2014
- Head coach for Ingomar North (2 years) and Treesdale (2 years)
- Pool Manager for the Treesdale Golf & Country Club (2 years)
- Assistant coach for Allegheny North Swim Club (2 years)
- Most Outstanding Hebrew Student Award
- 8th place finisher in the mile at nationals 2013
- Owned and operated a nationwide business registered with the state of Pennsylvania
- Red Cross certified in Lifeguarding and CPR
- USA Swimming certified as coach
- Selected as servant leader in youth group of over 100
- Helped feed the homeless in Pittsburgh through "Under The bridge Ministries" on Tuesday nights
- Participated with my church on their community service projects
- started the Guardian Angel Project through SongerSwim (providing up to $5,000 each year for a family in need)
- Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA (with the exception of a few years in Michigan and Oklahoma)
- 3 brothers and 2 sisters
- Homeschooled my entire life (till college)
- Pittsburgh Sports fan
- I love God and I love kids.
National Development/National Lead Coach
- 1992 Graduate of Detroit Catholic Central
- 1997 Bachelors from Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI in Exercise Physiology and Human Biology
- 1997-1999 Masters Course Work in Exercise Physiology at Oakland University
- All levels from learn to swim, Rec, high school, NCAA and has more than 20 years experience as USA Swimming Coach.
- USA Top 10 Age Group swimmers, NCSA JR. National qualifiers, USA Swimming Jr. and National qualifiers, as well as an Olympic Trials Qualifier.
- Several LSC Record Holders, event and relay champions in the Sierra Nevada LSC, as well as individual champions at Pacific Swimming Far Western Championships.
- Led Sun Oaks Aquatics Racing, a small team of 70 year round swimmers, and 150 summer to several Top 3 to Top 5 finishes at the LSC Championships between 2004-2015.
- Assistant coach at Oakland University for three seasons, two for Coach Peter Hovland’s mens squad, including their last NCAA Division II Title in 1997, and one for Coach Tracy Huth as women’s assistant before moving to California in 1999.
- Randy is married to Alice Teeters and they have three swimmers in their family. Stefen, 10, Victor, 8, and Ruby Rose, 6. Randy enjoys music of all types and loves outdoor play. Fishing, camping and hiking are his favorites.
Cedar Park Coaches
Gold II Lead Coach
- Drury University – BS in Fine Art
- HS – Glendale High, Springfield Missouri
- Nitro Swimming 2012- present
- Springfield Aquatics – 2010-2012
- Missouri State Aquatics – 2011-2012
- PREP swim lesson teaching and summer league coaching 2001-2011
- 2005 State Champion (Missouri) and consistent State finalist
- GHS Captain and co-captain
- Countless honors and awards in an illustrious fifteen-year age group swimming career
- American Red Cross certified in Lifeguarding, CPR, First aid, and coaches safety training
- Huge Longhorns football fan
- One of the three St. Louis Rams fans in Texas
- Hobbies include water polo, throwing discs, and Calvinball
- McNeil High School
- Austin Community College
- Assistant Coach at Nitro Swimming August 2016 – Present
- Lifetime Fitness Child Care Team Member 2013-2014
- American Red Cross CPR and Safety Certification
- USA Swimming Certified Coach
- Production Volunteer at Hill Country Bible Church
- Global Outreach Missions to Haiti and Dominican Republic
- I love board games! And high fives!
- West Virginia University BA Psychology
- Nitro Swim School 2016-2017
- Mountaineer Aquatics Club 2014-2015
- Red Cross certified
- Born and raised in Austin, TX
- Enjoys the outdoors and staying active
- University of Georgia- M.S. kinesiology, A.B.J. journalism
- Central High School, Macon, Ga.
- Nitro Swim School senior instructor/deck coach 2015-17
- Cheyenne Mountain Aquatics developmental coach 2014-15
- Athens Bulldog Swim Club developmental coach 2011-2013
- 2016 Paralympian, 400 freestyle & 200 IM
- 2015 Para World Championships team
- 2014 Para Pan-Pacific Championships team
- American record holder, 4x50 medley relay (34 point) and 4x50 free relay (34 point)
- Red Cross CPR/AED and Safety Training
- USA Swimming member
- Born and raised in Macon, Ga.
- Resident athlete at the Olympic Training Center for a year and a half
- Knows Braille
- Once walked 11 miles in San Francisco en route to In-N-Out
Off Campus PE
- Indiana University – B.S. in Kinesiology
- Minors in Telecommunications & Coaching
- HS – Crawfordsville High School (Indiana)
- Carmel Swim Club – Lead Coach 2010-2014
- Bloomington High School North – Wide Receivers Coach (football) 2008-2010
- Indiana University – Student Volunteer Varsity Weight Room 2008 & 2010
- Indiana University Swim Camp– Lead Coach 2009
- Indiana University – Varsity Athlete 2007-2008
- Coached 2012, 2013, 2014 Winter Indiana Age Group State Champions – CSC
- Coached 2012, 2013 Summer Indiana Age Group State Champions – CSC
- Coached Individual Indiana AGS Qualifiers and Finalists – CSC
- Coached Individual Zone Qualifiers – CSC
- Coached Sectional Qualifiers – CSC
- Coached Sectional & Regional Champions – Bloomington North Football
- Coached High School Final Four Appearance – Bloomington North FootballCertifications:
- American Red Cross Certification, CPR, First Aid
- Sports Teams – Indiana Hoosiers, Blackhawks, Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Colts, Pacers
- Nephews – Jonas 5, Porter 3, and another nephew on the way!
- Sisters – Stephanie 29 (Married to Trevor with a little one on the way) Melissa (Married to Drew with 2 little boys)
- Mission Trips – Chicago, Indianapolis, Costa Rica
- Hobbies – Cooking, Exploring Whole Foods, Hiking, Anything Baseball
TAGS II Lead Coach
- 2008 Carson-Newman University graduate with a B.A. in Communications.
- Currently pursuing Master’s Degree from University of Texas in Sport Psychology.
- Head Sprint Coach Carson-Newman Men’s & Women’s Swimming Inaugural Program. In total, 33 All-Conference titles by 11 athletes, 5 All-Americans, 4 Honorable Mention All-Americans, 1 Elite 90 Winner, as well as highest team semester GPA. Multiple Conference Records broken.
- Commissioned as an officer from Carson-Newman Army ROTC. Executive Officer for Bandit Troop, 1/3 Armored Calvary Regiment. Deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn. Commander of the United States Army Combatives Program & the Advanced Situational Awareness Training Course.
- Coached Hurricanes Swimming in Columbus, Ga., & Fort Hood Area Dolphins in Killeen, Texas.
- All-American swimmer for Cumberland College in Cumberland, Ky. in the 200-meter medley relay.
- Multiple age group swimming awards.
- American Red Cross certified in Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid & Coaches Safety Training
- Combat Life Saver (CLS), ASCA Level 1 with 53 units
- Hobbies: exploring, reading about swimming and adventures, christian outreach, Jiu-Jitsu, hiking to highest point in each state (11 completed!) with my bride of 10 years, Paige.
National Group Lead Coach
- HS- CHampaign Central (Illinois)
- College- Eastern Illinois University Bachelors ’09, Masters ’12
- Heat Aquatics Champaign IL YMCA 2009-2010
- Eastern Illinois: GA 2010-2011, Head Coach 2011-2014
- Charleston Swim Club: Head Coach 2010-2013
- 15 All-Summit League Swimmers
- 43 All-Summit League Academic League Honors
- Over 25 swimmers to Sectional or Grand Prix cuts
- Coached Swimmers to YMCA Nationals, Junior Nationals, USA Swimming Senior Nationals, and Olympic Trials Cuts.
- 34 School Records in 3 years
- 2nd Team All Conference and School Record holder as a D-1 Swimmer at EIU. Academic All-Conference 2005-2009
- American Red Cross certified for CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety
- ASCA Level IV
- Member of College Swim Coaches of America Association 2010-2014
- Created Paint the Pool Pink Breast Cancer Awareness and Fundraiser Swim meet at EIU from 2007-2015.
- Participated in Just A Mile run and fundraisers for Suicide Prevention
- Relay for Life and MDA Jailbird participant
- Married to Emily McGill (3rd Grade Teacher at West Cypress Hills)
- College Teams are EIU, U of I, and Auburn!
- Pro Teams are Bulls, Hawks, Bears… and cubs
Bronze/Gold I Lead Coach
- Westwood High School in Austin, 2009
- Currently taking classes at ACC
- 2011-2015 Nitro Swim School
- 2010, 2011 Balcones Country Club Sharks assistant coach
- Swam at Circle C and Longhorn Aquatics under Randy Reese
- Red Cross certified
- Born in Scotland, moved to Austin age 10
- Grew up in Austin area
- Competitive swimmer and soccer player growing up
- Favorite sports teams: Texas Longhorns, Miami Dolphins, Celtic (Scottish soccer team)
- Sister Rebecca Orr coached at Nitro
Silver Lead Coach
- Auburn University B.S. in Human Development and Family Studies
- University of Alabama ! Masters in Social Work
- 2005: Began coaching at 17 for Sportsfirst Waverunners (Summer League)
- 2006: Assistant Coach Homewood Park and Rec (Summer League)
- 2013-2014: Assistant Coach Lifetime Swim Southeast- Bronze, Silver, and Developmental Levels
- 2014: Head Coach Lifetime Swim Southeast (Summer League)
- American Red Cross certified for C.P.R., first aid, life guarding
- Licensed Graduate Social Worker in Alabama and Texas
- Classically trained pianist with over 20 years experience
- Volunteer for Kids In A New Groove working to teach music to children in the foster care system
- Avid Runner- Last competed in the Austin Half Marathon
- Married to Dan Rozick (Former swimmer at the University of Alabama and also a swim coach)
Sectional Development Lead Coach
- B.A. in Philosophy & Political Science from The University of Alabama 2011
- NCAA Varsity Swimmer at The University of Alabama 2007-2011
- Crimson Tide Aquatics-Age Group Coach 2008-2010
- Alabama Swimming & Diving Student Assistant Coach-2011
- Birmingham Metro YMCA-Head Senior Coach 2012-2013
- Life Time Swim Team Southeast-Regional Head Coach 2013-2015
- Life Time Swim Team Central Texas-Regional Head Coach 2015-2016
- Red Cross CPR/First Aid/Life Guard/Life Guard Instructor
- USA Swimming certified coach ASCA levels I,II,III
- Enjoys running, swimming, & biking.
- Participated in Triathlons once finishing his varsity swimming career and competed in two Triathlon Collegiate Nationals.
- Enjoys rubbing Coach Florian's head for good luck.
- Alabama High School State Champions-1Former swimmers swimming in the NCAA-7
TAGS 1 Lead Coach
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin – BS Kinesiology Exercise Physiology
- HS – Pflugerville, TX
- Nitro Swimming 2011
- Pflugerville Area Swim Team 2006-2011
- Coached multiple TAGS Champions
- Coached multiple Age Group Team Championships
- Coached Individual TAGS High Point Winners
- Coached South Texas Record Holders
- Coached multiple Sectional qualifiers
- American Red Cross: Lifegurading, CPR/AED, First Aid
- American Red Cross: Instructor
- Born in Germany
- Raised in TX
- Soccer Fan – German National Team, VfB Stuttgart, Chelsea
- Brother Michael (Houston Police Officer)
- University of Texas-Communications (Radio-Television-Film) Austin, Tx.
- HS Anderson High Austin, Tx.
- NITRO Swimming 2009-present Cedar Park, Tx.
- Anderson Mill Swimming-2007-2009 Austin, Tx.
- St. Andrews Episcopal Swimming 2005-2006 Austin, Tx.
- Longhorn Aquatics Swimming 1999-2003 Austin, Tx.
- Granada Hills Dolphins 2007-2008 Austin, Tx.
- Lakehills Splashers 1999-2005 Austin, Tx.
- Dell Jewish Community Center Summer 1998 Austin, Tx.
- USS certified Age Group Coach
- American Red Cross certified CPR, first aid and coaches safety training.
- US Masters Swimming certified coach.
- Avid triathlete 1992-2002.
- Member of Boy Scouts of America.
- Fundraiser for Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation.
- Fundraiser for Hurricane Katrina Relief Foundation.