Nitro Swim School FAQs
- Goggles (available for purchase at the front desk)
Please go to the check-in station and let us know you’re here for class. Once you’re checked in, please take a seat in the Viewing Room – a deck supervisor will call your class five minutes before to line up for attendance.
The water is kept between 88 and 90 degrees to maximize comfort, and enhance learning.
Deck supervisors will call the classes five minutes before the start time. Swimmers line up on the far side of the lessons pool to be checked in on deck and directed toward their station.
- We require all parents to remain off the deck during lesson time. We want the kids to remain engaged and safe within their class.
- We have a Viewing Tank available for seating.
We encourage you to let us help! Our instructors and deck supervisors are trained professionals, and will do whatever is necessary to help your swimmer feel comfortable and confident in the water.
- The deck supervisors have each swimmer’s current station, as well as the number of classes at that station, on their clipboards. Please feel free to check with them between classes, or ask a front desk team member.
- Parents can also view their swimmers progress online by logging in to your Swim Lessons account or by requesting a Progress Report.
Swimmers are promoted to the next level once they demonstrate mastery of the current skill. Swimmers can advance more than one station per class, as well as remain at a level a few times if necessary.
- Swimmers who have been on their station seven or more classes are given a red wristband to wear to class to alert their instructor that they are in need of a little extra help. A deck supervisor will communicate with you on how your swimmer is progressing and what they need to work on the advance to the next station.
- It is not uncommon for kids to spend more time on stations as they progress through the program, as the skills become more difficult. We want them to advance on their own terms so that their successful at the next level.
We don’t guarantee that your swimmer will have the same instructor for every lesson. We want your swimmer to have the opportunity to experience different teaching styles, and not force them with one instructor who they’re struggling to connect with. All of our instructors are fantastic, and will do anything they can to make sure your swimmer improves and has an outstanding lesson.
All accounts are drafted on the 20th of each month to pay for the upcoming month.
Please see the front desk to check availability in the class you’d like to go to. All change requests must be submitted the week prior to the change.
- How do I report a planned absence?
- We understand that there are times that your swimmer will have a schedule conflict. If you know in advance that your swimmer will be absent from a class please submit a Report an Absence form. If your form is received at least 24 hours before your missed lesson you may be eligible for a Courtesy Lesson. Courtesy Lessons can be booked on the day you wish to attend by contacting our front desk between 9:00AM and 11:00AM.
- What is a Courtesy Lesson?
- A Courtesy lesson is a way for a swimmer to attend a lesson in place of a planned absence. Courtesy Lessons can only be booked on the day you wish to attend by contacting our front desk between 9:00AM and 11:00AM. No Bookings will be taken after 11:00AM. Courtesy lessons are booked on a first come, first served basis and availability is not guaranteed. Courtesy lessons must be redeemed while your swimmer is actively enrolled in lessons cannot be transferred to future booking or other swimmers. Courtesy lessons cannot be redeemed for credit and have no monetary value.
- Under what circumstances am I granted a makeup lesson for unplanned absences?
- Make-up lessons for unplanned absences aren’t part of our program. We schedule instructors prior to the work week to ensure the ratios we guarantee – allowing make-up lessons for classes missed could compromise the quality of the program.
- If your swimmer is injured and going to miss class for an extended period of time, we can withdrawal them and credit your account for the remainder of the month. We do require a doctor’s note to attach to your account.
- If you know in advance that you will be absent from a class you can report the absence by filling out our Report an Absence form through our website. If you submit your form at least 24 hours before your missed lesson you may be eligible for a Courtesy Lesson.
Follow the instructions on the Withdrawal form. Withdrawal forms must be received by the 15th or your account will be billed for the following month . Example: If you wish to withdraw at the end of December, withdrawal forms are due by December 15th.
- Fill out our Contact form or fill out a ‘Nitrogram’ located in our viewing rooms and hand it in at front desk
- Speak to a deck supervisor before or after your class.
Nitro’s pools are grounded and protected from any potential lightning surges. Of course one should always exercise caution during stormy weather, but you can count on us being open and running classes and practices in all kinds of weather unless you hear otherwise. In the event of a closing, we would have our voicemail message updated as well as Facebook page notifying of the closure. In the event of a tornado warning, we would exit the pools and seek shelter in the internal changing rooms until it was deemed safe to continue classes.