Hi All – Happy Sunday night/ Monday morning. Some important points, and then finishing up with a poem I composed just now…
- If you have not yet been assigned to an interim group yet, and you intend to swim, please let me know ASAP. firstname.lastname@example.org We had 14 new swimmers between the two locations evaluate yesterday and today and they are starting this week as slots are open.
- Coach Raven sent the following note out to a few of her groups at Nitro Bee Cave, and I thought she worded things perfectly. Here’s what she had to say:
From Coach Raven:
“I am ecstatic to see so many of you next week! This email is going to be packed with information, please flag it or tag it and hold onto it for future reference.
Here is what you need to know before returning to Nitro:
- Cap and goggles should be on before entering the building.
- Do not enter the building more the 2-3 minutes before your practice time.
- Athletes must enter the building from the front door.
- Athletes need to immediately go to their assigned lane and side of the pool (parking lot versus view room side). **For Cedar Park the two sides will be bleacher side or starting blocks side.
- NO additional equipment will be allowed on deck at this time—suit, cap, goggles, towel, water bottle are the only things permitted.
- If a water bottle is brought, you will not be able to fill it up during practice, so make sure it is full before leaving home.
- REMEMBER: No equipment except cap and goggles. That means, NO kickboard, fins, paddles, etc. Leave it at home!
- CHECK YOUR CAP AND GOGGLES! Athletes probably haven’t used their cap and goggles in two months; please check them/try them on before practice on Monday to ensure they are in good condition. You may bring a spare cap and pair of goggles with your towel—I will not be able to lend any out at this time.
- Workouts will either already be on the splash guards or will be placed on the splash guard during warm up for the older groups.
- At the end of practice, athletes will be dismissed systematically (odd lanes, then even lanes) and asked to walk clockwise to the side door (no one will exit from the front door). **Cedar Park will exit out the emergency door in deep end.
- We have marked off the parking spaces in front of the ramp with orange cones; please do not park in this designated pick-up zone or drive by to pick-up your kid. Parents should park their vehicle and either: 1) walk over to pick-up your athletes, or 2) athletes can walk over to your parked vehicle.
- Remind your athletes to maintain six-feet distance from others while entering the pool and while waiting to be picked up.
- We encourage parents to drop-off their athletes at the front door at Bee Cave, and at the South end of the building at Cedar Park.
- If you would like to enter the building, you need to be wearing a mask covering your nose and mouth. If you would like to stay during practice, please bring your own chair, respect proper distancing; the bleachers will not be available for use.
Here is a quick video to walk you through what your return will look like: https://youtu.be/E9EmlKDB2Xs Rest assured, coaches will be wearing masks on deck.” Coach Raven
As I was sitting here pondering the week ahead, and knowing that so many kids are excited to get back into the swim of things, I began typing the following and chose to close this note with it – and I happen to LOVE Christmas, so here we go…
‘Twas the night before Nitro,
And all through the pool;
For 2 months all’s been closed,
Yes even the schools.
But during this time
Behind the dim scene,
Nitro Staff all were busy,
And wow did they clean!
First up was the deck,
How they scrubbed and they washed.
Next up were the toilets,
Now they sparkle when flushed.
All drains, air returns,
and vents were removed.
They too were cleaned brightly,
Yes each little groove.
And paint, oh the paint
New coats everywhere!
For sure you will notice,
And some just might stare!
So much was accomplished
Checked off on our list;
But know in your hearts,
You all have been missed!
As we take to the water
And climb to new heights,
Happy Swimming to All
And to all a good Night!
Welcome Back! Thank you for being a part of Nitro. Coach Mike.